Dual Headings Match

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Headings Match

TAKING A BIT FURTHER THE POST http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69644

Here's my problem: I am trying to find the MIN value in a column with dual headings and match the corresponding product which makes my formula with three criteria.

Please see the attachment to see the structure of the tables and further explanation.
    Attached Files

Re: Dual Headings Match

Hi

Try

=INDEX(B2:E2,0,MAX(IF(MIN(IF(B3:E3=I21,OFFSET(B3,MATCH(H21,A4:A6,0),0,1,4),MAX(B4:E6)))=OFFSET(B3,MATCH(H21,A4:A6,0),0,1,4),COLUMN(B5:E5)-1,"")))

array entered.

Tony

Comment

Hi,

=INDEX(A2:E2,MAX(IF(B4:E6=MIN(IF(A4:A6=H21,IF(B3:E3=I21,B4:E6))),COLUMN(B4:E6))))

To Enter the array formula hold down Ctrl and Shift while pushing Enter.

HTH
      Kris

ExcelFox

Comment

10x tony,
        your formula works fine
        I am just trying to figure it out how to make the absolute referencing($) to drag it down without messing-up the arrays Krishnakumar solution is much more simpler from this aspect (INDEX($A$2:$E$2,MAX(IF($B$4:$E$16=MIN(IF($A$4:$A$16=H23,IF($B$3:$E$3=I23,$B$4:$E$16))),COLUMN($B$4:$E$16)))) but it does not work corectly (see the attachment)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by John Evans; June 21st, 2007, 15:48.

Comment

Hi

Here it is expanded for your new sample, and absoluted.

=INDEX($B$2:$E$2,0,MAX(IF(MIN(IF($B$3:$E$3=$I21, OFFSET($B$3,MATCH($H21,$A$4:$A$16,0),0,1,4),MAX($B$4:$E$16)))=OFFSET($B$3,MATCH($H21,$A$4:$A$16,0),0,1,4),COLUMN($B$5:$E$5)-1,"")))

Tony

Comment

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X