Match Multiple Criteria

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match Multiple Criteria

I need a little help with a formula that will take the entries made by users and lookup those values on a table and then return the correct pay rate. I took a look at INDEX and VLOOKUP, but I got lost.

Any help is appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: Match Multiple Criteria

So is the $8.00 supposed to be returned as $12.00? The $17.33 looks right - is that to be returned too? In other words it is not clear what is an input and what is to be pulled from the table.

Comment

I'm sorry..
      The 17.33 is would be output of the formula. since they are in Texas (44) their normal pay would be 13.62, but since they are coded to overtime (1) that puts them at 17.33

I confused myself for a minute
      Attached Files

Comment

I know why I got confused. If you notice on the TRANSCODES page, You have a Pay Rate Column. That is the basic pay rates for workers. The other rates to the right are the rates per state after an additive has been added for a labor source. So If you have an employee who's rate is 8.00 per hour that works in Texas straight time, their final rate would be 13.62, if they work overtime their rate would be 12.00 and after the additive it would be 17.33.

Comment

Yes, I can see that, but I still don't know which are inputs and which are outputs. I THINK you are inputting the 1 and 44. Are you inputting the $13.62? If not, how does one know which double row of the table to go to?

Comment

The input cells are 8.00, 1, and 44. 8.00 is the flat rate for that employee. They work in Texas and they worked overtime so after figuring in overtime fee plus the additive for Texas the formula would give 17.33. Take a look at my updated sample.

Sorry for the confusion.
            Attached Files

Comment

No probs, JMAN. I'm off now, but it is nice and clear for someone to do this for you before I'm back in the morning, I'm sure.

Comment

Thanks anyway BTC!

Comment

Hi,

=INDEX(TRANSCODES!H4:O9,MATCH(DETAIL!I8,TRANSCODES!G4:G9,0)+DETAIL!G8,MATCH(DETAIL!F8,TRANSCODES!H3:O3,0))

HTH
                  Kris

ExcelFox

Comment

Brilliant, Kris! I must get these mastered; I did one once and then forgot how...

Comment

Thanks a lot that is exactly what I wanted. I need to sharpen up on my formula knowledge.

Thanks again!

JMAN

Comment

Can someone explain something for me? I can't see where the formula Kris came up with refrences the overtime (1) or straight time (0) code on the TRANSCODES worksheet (column F). I've stared at that formula for an hour now trying to figure that part out b/c I made a change to my worksheet layout and I can't see it.

BTW, it Kris's formula works fine, I just can't see where it references the actual time code.

JMAN

Comment

Nevermind, I see it now it's in the :

+DETAIL!G8

sorry for the post.

Comment

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X