This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calculate earnings from time worked x hourly rate

I am trying to calculate earnings based upon hours worked based on 24 hours format (time out - time in = time worked) multiplied by hourly rate. I cannot get the proper calculation. How can I attach a copy of the Excel worksheet?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hduff; April 18th, 2006, 06:57.

Re: calculate earnings from time worked x hourly rate

Hi Hduff,

welcome to the OzGrid forum!

If you attach a small example sheet, I will (try to) put in the formula needed.

Wigi
    Regards,

Wigi

Excel MVP 2011-2014

For more Excel memes: visit http://www.wimgielis.com ==> English articles ==> Excel memes

-- Topics without [CODE] tags or a meaningful topic title, will be neglected by me (and probably many others as well) --

Comment

In time in A1 as 24 hr format
      Out time in B1 as 24 hr format

=(B1-A1)*24*HourlyRate

See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm#AddingDates

lenze

Comment

See if this is what you are after.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Guys

This is my first post so please be gentle (hope I've posted in the right place!)

I'm trying to work out a spreadsheet for my earnings from one of my jobs. I got some great info from the above post but what I'm struggling on now is how to overcome the "working till midnight" issue. My spreadsheet calculates that if I've worked from 17:00 to 00:00 I've worked minus 17 hours? How can I overcome this?

I've attached my spreadsheet for you to dissect : D

in advance

Nikki

Library Theatre Hours_Earnings.xls
          Last edited by dzdoris; November 20th, 2006, 23:39.

Comment

Well, the simplest way would be to put in 24:00 instead of 00:00 (it is, after all, a 24hr clock). It then shows as 7hrs.

HTH

KJ

Comment

Awww thanks KJ - why didn't I think of that???

Nikki

P.S. Great site, only just come across it! Could have done with this years ago!!

Comment

No problem.

The amount of times i've wracked my brain for hours trying to solve problems in a convoluted way only to post here and a helpful soul bring me back to earth with a simple solution.

This forum is a life-saver.

KJ

Comment

dzdoris, Glad you got what you wanted, but we have a rule on here that you must not hijack a post - you start your own. (You did read the rules did you?)

Comment

So sorry

I did sort of whizz through them and then after I posted read them properly, realised my mistake and PM'd Dave Hawley to apologise

It just seems that this forum does exactly what all the others ask you not to i.e. start a post when there's already one for what you're asking??

I've learnt from my mistake and promise it won't happen again!

Nikki

Comment

Hi all, really struggling with this and spent the last 4hours looking at different formulas. Ive attached my spreadsheet if you wouldnt mind taking a look. I cant work out the monies earned based on total hours worked. No matter what i do the number result is always obscure! I hope you can help! TEMPLATE_TIMESHEET.xlsx

Comment

As mentioned in a previous post, please do not post questions in threads started by other members.

Start your own thread, give it an accurate and concise title and explain your issue fully in the message. Saying "...No matter what i do the number result is always obscure" does not help anyone.

If you think this thread can help clarify your problem, you can include a link by copying the URL from the address bar of your browser and pasting into your message.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                        X