SUMIF Less than or Equal to a date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUMIF Less than or Equal to a date

Okay, I am trying to revise a formula, and I am sure I am somewhat close, but, I just cannot get this to work properly. The formula I have right now is:

=SUMIF($E$7:$E$844,"<="&$A$1,$B$7:$B$844)

Column E is a list of quantities, in number format.
    Column B is a list of dates, in date format (mm/dd/yy)
    Cell $A$1 contains a date I want to reference. This date may be occassionally changed manually, which is why I am referencing a specific cell within my formula.

Based on the dates listed in Column E that meet the criteria of being less than or equal to the date listed in $A$1 I need to total the quantities listed in Column B.

Thanks in advance for all your help!
    Sherry
    Orlando, FL

Re: SUMIF Less than or Equal to a date

Now this formula works! It didn't work until after I rebooted my system! But at least it does work. And since I was so proud of myself, I added a 2nd formula in the cell below this one that calculates for a range of dates:

=SUMPRODUCT(($E$7:$E$844>=$A$1)*($E$7:$E$844<=$A$2)*($B$7:$B$844))

I am glad I was able to solve this one on my own. But that is only because I spend so much time reading everyone elses posts! Thanks again everyone. I figured I would post my additional formula on the off chance it can be helpful to someone else.
    Sherry
    Orlando, FL

Comment

Well done, Always nice to solve your own problem.... and thanks for posting the additional example for others' benefit.
      Kind Regards, Will Riley

LinkedIn: Will Riley

Comment

Okay, I need help again. This formula has been working, and rather nicely. But now, over the last week, I am getting a #VALUE! error message, and I haven't a clue as to why. I have verified that ONLY numbers appear in column B, all formatted as numbers as well. I am at a loss as to why this working formula would stop working and result in an error. Any words of advice on resolving this woul;d be greatly appreiated! Thanks so very much!
        Sherry
        Orlando, FL

Comment

I suppose the obvious question is what changed during the past week?

Have you tried reducing the number of rows in the formula to see if the #Value persits. For example do this work

=SUMPRODUCT(($E$7:$E$44>=$A$1)*($E$7:$E$44<=$A$2)*($B$7:$B$44))

Cheers
          Andy

Comment

Andy----

Okay, I just plain don't get this. I used your "smaller" data formula, and it worked. Then I slowly increase the data range until it encompassed my entire data area, and now it works again. What is up with that? I am not sure what the problem was, but it is now working perfectly. I hail to OZ (as usual)! I would never have thought of reducing my data size within the formula. Andy, thanks so very much!!!!!!
            Sherry
            Orlando, FL

Comment

Working...
            X