X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel VBA: Creating a Login Box

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody could help me with making a login box (some tips on the script). I don't know much about VBA etc. So please bare with me. I want it so that when the workbook opens it prompts for a username and password. You can also have a button for "register" etc. Which will send you to a website. If this is possible please help.

Thanks in advance!
    Hel.

Re: Excel VBA: Creating a Login Box

The redirect to a website can be accomplished through a hyperlink

Why go through the hassle of a login box? Why not use the built in password protection of excel?
    Tony

Comment

This should work for you.

All passwords are currently "password"

Post back if you need help.
      Attached Files
      Tony

Comment

n1 m8, you helped loads.

I will add you into my coursework bibliography and I hope you know that you just saved my life :P Literally >_< the ICT teacher was on my neck - ^_^ thanks again m8.

Hizo.

Ps - Hey m8, I was reviewing the code you used and I stumbled across something I didn't understand:
        Code:
        If password = WorksheetFunction.VLookup(UserList.Value, Range("Users_List"), 2, 0)
        Ok Fair enough, you call the function vertical looktup but what are the "arguments"?

I don't undestand (for some reason - probably missing something very obvious) what the "UserList.Value" part is refering to.

Is it a cell reference? O.o

Thanks in advance!
        Hizo

pps - DOH lol i just got it, its refering to the username input box in Form1 isn't it? lol

Ok, now Im confused again ;/ how does the list display? >_< lol sorry about this, I've tried reading one of those books, but I learn quicker through trial adn error :D

^^ thnks in advance again lolz
        Hizo
        Last edited by royUK; April 21st, 2005, 15:53. Reason: add code tags, please use when posting codes

Comment

The list uses a named range from the "Protected" Sheet. Sorry I didn't document better but I was in the middle of something else and didn't have the extra time.
          Tony

Comment

Hey nps :D!

This is wicked as it is ^_^.

I thought that when you rename a range, it changes, the name, but when in your document, it keeps its own name o.O lol Did that make sence?

Hizo.

Comment

Hizo,

I am having a hard time following your posts. I don't keep up with the short hand of internet communication very much.

The named range is actually a dynamic named range so it will grow/contract with additions/removal of items. You can only change the name by deleting and recreating. Under Insert > Name > Define.
              Tony

Comment

I'm sorry mate. I'll speak more plainly :s its my messenger accent lol, its almost reflexive >_<.

Thanks, I think you got what I meant though. I mean the code's perfect - thanks man

Also in order to learn the code myself (and not simply leach off you) I was trying to implement it into my coursework :P leading to a very messed up work book. Lol, I didn't see where the Users_List was comming from. But now I do and you've solved my problem ^_^.

Thanks!
                Hiz.

Comment

Hi there,

i have read your code about Excel VBA: Creating a Login Box and try to use it. but i have problem to update the password. after input new password and then click update password, pasword updated.
                  but appear msg box : must use this form...... then file closed and password not updated.
                  yesterday this code running well.
                  can you help me to solve this problem ?

Comment

sekrup

I suggest that you read the Forum Rules that you agreed to.

Don't hijack other's posts with your questions, start your own, add a link to this one if it will help
                    Hope that Helps

Roy

New users should read the Forum Rules before posting

For free Excel tools & articles visit my web site

If I have helped you and you feel like putting your hand in your pocket please make a donation to Children in Need

RoyUK's Web Site

royUK's Database Form

Where to paste code from the Forum

About me.

Comment

sorry, i've re-read it...

Comment

Working...
                      X