Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't stop VBA script from running

Hi Guys,

I was working on a workbook yesterday and now it won't open.

The workbook has two worksheets, I created a userform with a 2 page multipage (1 for each worksheet) to get info from each sheet. I had finished page 1 with all the correct scripts, I had checked it to make sure it worked. I then copied all from page 1 to page 2 and started changing the scripts accordingly, I got about half way through when I lost power to my laptop.

I now open the workbook, but it locks up as if it is running a script but looping and I can't stop it. I can't attach it as it is too big (409kb), if anybody can suggest how I can open it and stop whatever is looping I would be greatfull.

Hi simpsonc2

Try opening from within Excel, while holding down the Shift key. This will prevent any Workbook Open/Activate Event macros running.

Comment

Dave,

I tried what you suggested and got the following message???

"Cannot open Microsoft Excel Add-In for editing. Please edit the source document instead"

Any suggestions

Comment

Try opening your workbook without enabling macros, then check your code to se if you can locate the cause. Check the Workbook_Open and Activate first. If it auto runs the userform on opening check the userform_initialise event
        Hope that Helps

Roy

New users should read the Forum Rules before posting

For free Excel tools & articles visit my web site

If I have helped you and you feel like putting your hand in your pocket please make a donation to Children in Need

RoyUK's Web Site

royUK's Database Form

Where to paste code from the Forum

About me.

Comment

Thanks Roy,

I have managed to open it so I will check all the macros for the fault.

Thanks again, I don't know where I would be without this forum.

Comment

Working...
          X