Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autofilter arrow wont go away...

Has anyone experienced this???

I have a list of data about 1300 rows and 44 columns. I apply the autofilter to the first row (headers). - no problems. functions correctly.

The problem is that when I REMOVE the autofilter both manually or programmatically, occassionally some of the cell arrows remain in the cells.

This is a random occurance and the arrows never go away. I have tried 'clearall', reapplying the autofilter...the 'dead arrow' remains. the cell can be edited, in fact all properties of the cell are configurable but the arrow remains! ?

Did I stump everyone? 24hours and the only post with no response!

Comment

Well, what you describe isn't supposed to happen so that's probably why no one has responded with a fix. Does the problem persist after you closed excel and rebooted your computer? I've noticed many times that Excel (and/or Windows) gets confused and needs to have its memory cleansed before it works properly again.
      Please do not U2U (private message) me directly for questions that should be posted to the forum; any such U2Us will be ignored.

Comment

Did I stump everyone? 24hours and the only post with no response!
        Pls see the following post and be also aware of that people answer questions here on a free basis:

http://ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20947
        Kind regards,
        Dennis

.NET & Excel | 2nd edition PED | MVP

Comment

Thanks for the tip XL-Dennis

Incidentally, I am a member of several other forums where I am the one answering questions so I understand the 'free' thing and I certainly understand rule #5. I dont feel the post violated any forum rules, there is no harm in simply following up after 24hrs.

B

Comment

Working...
          X