Clear All
No content found
Show More
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
  • New Topics
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.
Directory Topics Posts Last Post
Pick the APPROPRIATE category below to post your question and/or answer questions.
Topics: 106,490 Posts: 590,035
106,490 590,035
Sub-Forums:
Excel VBA / Macros (2,805/15,330)
Excel Formulas (479/2,449)
Excel General (103,027/572,035)
Excel FAQ (165/175)
Code Review (8/41)
PLEASE PAY (via PayPal) 10% of your cost to [email protected] BEFORE you post. Then pay the remaining 90% to the person who completes the job on completion.
Topics: 1,373 Posts: 15,976
1,373 15,976
Topics: 6,408 Posts: 28,368
6,408 28,368
Sub-Forums:
Excel and/or Word Help (1,245/5,197)
Excel and/or Access Help (2,598/11,463)
Excel and/or Email Help (1,261/5,453)
Excel and/or SQL Help (820/3,814)
No questions in this forum please.
Topics: 592 Posts: 2,384
592 2,384
Topics: 976 Posts: 6,378
976 6,378
Sub-Forums:
Newsletters (4/4)
Competitions (3/13)
HAV-A-CHAT (482/3,884)
Test Area (459/2,380)
Links to Excel sites and Excel specific search engines powered by Google. Try it now!
Topics: 18 Posts: 20
18 20
Sub-Forums:
Newsletters (0/0)
Excel Blogs (0/0)
Charts (0/0)
Pivot Tables (0/0)
Solver (0/0)
Games (0/0)

What's Going On & Who's Online?

Collapse

There are currently 2547 users online. 14 members and 2533 guests.

Most users ever online was 13,741 at 02:14 on February 3rd, 2012.

Free Excel\VBA Help Forum Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 120,504   Posts: 658,636   Members: 310,546   Active Members: 872
Welcome to our newest member, tpv0608.

Welcome to OzGrid!

Collapse

Welcome to the community! Please take a moment to:

and if you have any questions - drop by in the HAV A CHAT forum!

Latest Topics

Collapse

• luzmen
    Get Column Number in a given range
    luzmen
    Hello,

I have some difficulty in solving a formula for COLUMNS. I want to get the equivalent number for the last column in a given range.

This is my table looks like:
    A B C
    Column where to Start Column where to End Formula to get the number of End columns
    G I
    I know the formula is =COLUMNS(G:I) and the result is 3. How do i write the COLUMNS formula that instead of typing G:I, it will locate the stated value in column...
    1 hour ago
  • dgraham62
    Use VBA to select current cells and then select down a variable number of cells
    dgraham62
    Hi,

I'm having trouble attempting to use VBA to select cells.

I have 7 cells selected in row 4, what I need to do is keep those cells selected and also select down a number of rows (the number can change) to copy the cells in row 4. Any assistance is appreciated.

Regards
    David
    9 hours ago
  • tpv0608
    Apply Script to More than One Column
    tpv0608
    This is my first post to the forum, but I have been an observer for quite a while. I am fairly new to VBA in excel and have run into a problem I am not sure how to resolve.

Code:
    Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

'Color cells based on Selection
    If Target.Address = "$C$10" Then
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    If Range("C10").Value = "COVERAGE" Then
    'N/A
        Range("C19:C23").Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone 'Highlight Cells
        Range("C19:C23").Interior.ColorIndex = 15 'Highlight cells
        Range("C19:C23").ClearContents  ' Clears Item
        Range("C40:C45").Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone 'Highlight Cells
        Range("C40:C45").Interior.ColorIndex
    12 hours ago

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse

• Raina
    The Wizard of Oz
    Raina
    As most of the Excel/VBA community are aware, Dave Hawley – founder of OzGrid passed away from a rare brain disease in June 2013. Dave and I ran OzGrid together, and I have been active on the Forum under Dave’s account since his passing. With the Forum upgrade now complete, it is the appropriate time for Dave’s Forum account to be retired with the very fitting title of the Wizard of Oz.

I will continue to administer the forum as the owner of OzGrid, and can be contacted through the forum if required. Dave will always be remembered as the founder of OzGrid and the huge contribution he made to the Excel/VBA community. Long live Dave’s memory as the Wizard of Oz....
    2 days ago

Trending on OzGrid

Collapse

• DiogoCuba
    US$20 to Automate Crew Roster
    DiogoCuba
    Hi, I have a Crew Roster that controls the crew changes of a certain vessel and I would like to automate it to avoid wasting time with manual copy and paste.

Anybody willing to help me?

Some of the actions I need:
    • Create a Pax list and a Flight Manifest based on the personnel assigned to embark and disembark;
    • Generate a Daily POB based on the names that are onboard (Including the dates of embark and a counter to count how many days the person is onboard);
    • Compare the Daily POB to a criteria to see if the safe manning is compliant or not;
    • Create a PAX LIST for the next 7 days automatically so that I can see who is crew change and who is not - this should be triggered based on the dates;
    • Auto generate Flight Manifest when I click a button and input the
    June 27th, 2017, 09:47
  • Erik PLS
    Hide entire row based on value of one cell
    Erik PLS
    Hi, I am new to Ozgrid and registered because I have already found many helpfull forum threads here.
    Now I have a thing on my mind I can't seem to fix:

I am not completely unknown to programming, but most is learned by trial and error, and a lot of internet searches.

I have a semi dynamic orderform which is used for several departments in our company.

With formulas in the excell form I give a preset value to each cell in column M; value will be V or D (Visa or Dölj/View or hiDe) I can change this to any other value of course.

I want to hide every row of which cell in column M has value D, and view every row of which cell in column M has value V.
    After excesive searched over via Google I have found several simular problems, but...
    August 28th, 2017, 20:31
  • sbox134
    Automatically fill cells with text based on values in two other cells
    sbox134
    I am new to VBA code, but have been able to figure out most of my issue through searching the forums. I've run into a pretty simple issue I can't figure out though.

My end goal is to have cells D14 to D98 automatically fill with the text "Mfg Line" if cell D8 is "Product" AND Cell D9 is "Assembly". I would like this to happen as soon as the selections in D8 and D9 are made. If D8 is not "Product" or D9 is not "Assembly" I would like cells D14 to D98 to remain blank.

I can't use an If formula in the cell because if the cell is blank the user will need to type in a value, which would delete the formula. It seems like it should be pretty simple, but I've tried piecing together information from other posts and haven't...
    2 weeks ago
  • ebracky
    How to force cells to return n/a if left blank?
    ebracky
    How do I create a code that forces specific cells to show or return N/A is they are left blank or empty?

This is the code that I created but it only works if all cells are left empty. I want them to work in such a way that if one, or two, or three or all of the cells are empty it will return/show N/A in it.

-----------------------------------------------
    Sub CopyEvenEmptyCell()

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    'Forces cell to show N/A if blank
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Dim isMyCellEmpty As Boolean
    isMyCellEmpty = IsEmpty(Range("C3,E3,C4,E4"))

If isMyCellEmpty = True Then
    Range("C3,E3,C4,E4").Value = "N/A"

End If
    1 week ago
  • Bryan021
    Cell not retaining font size format
    Bryan021
    I have a cell at the bottom of the page with some fine print verbiage that is all formatted as Calibri 7, with some characters Bold.
    It appears correct onscreen, and prints correctly... I save the file and it still looks good, but if I close and reopen the file, the font returns to an 11 size, but retains the font type and bold... this pushes the end of the line off the page.
    Any idea what's going on with this?
    Your input is appreciated.
    1 week ago
Working...
X